HELP NEW ZEALAND
STAND WITH THE WORLD
Petition: To the minister of Foreign Affairs and Finance Minister,
We call on you to implement a Collective Resilience Plan in Budget 2021 that provides:
- a 20% boost to the overseas aid budget, focused on healthcare, social support and resilience, plus;
- a doubling of finance for climate action overseas from new and additional sources, and;
- a timeline for getting aid spending to 0.7% of gross national income by 2030.
Together We Can Overcome Coronavirus and Climate Change
Our world is being torn apart. We must act to leave no one behind.
Billions of people are living with crumbling health systems, no social welfare protection, and little chance of receiving a vaccine this year. They are facing climate-charged superstorms, and hunger is on the rise.
With no fences standing between any of us and COVID-19 and climate change, we must stand in solidarity with all our neighbours, and encourage our government to provide vital support to overburdened and under-resourced nations.
The government needs to boost our overseas aid and climate action so we can work urgently with the world to overcome Coronavirus and climate change. This will help support:
- strong healthcare systems to get through the pandemic and roll out Covid vaccines for all
- social safety nets, in places without them, for when people lose their income
- renewable energy and adaptive farming on the frontlines of the climate crisis
- humanitarian support for when disaster strikes.
Join the call for New Zealand to stand with the world – sign the Petition above!